Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Metal Windscreen Fairing

Here, the finished bezel/fairing is painted white with countersunk washers and #8 screws
Update-Here you can see the crease/pocket I made with a joggle tool. I placed a rectangular piece of anti-chafe tape on the inside to ease any friction between the canopy and the metal windscreen bezel. It fits like a glove! Sweet!
Here, the shrinker marks have been smoothed out with the scotchbrite wheel. I also tapped the rollbar for #8 screws.

I added rubber shims as necessary to match the fit of the canopy. I will fill the gaps soon with Sikaflex or silicone.

I used a shrinker/stretcher to get the fit right on the .025 alum fairing.

Poster board template. Lots of adjusting and trimming.

Well, I decided to try my hand at crafting a metal fairing.

No comments: